Alternate header for print version
- Use double quotes to restrict the search to an exact phrase, e.g. "basal body" will locate images annotated with the two word phrase "basal body" rather than the individual words basal or body
- You can combine words or phrases by using capitalized AND, OR, NOT., e.g. basal AND body will locate images annotated with both keywords basal and body. A search query using basal NOT body will locate images that are annotated with the keyword 'basal' but not with the word 'body'.
- You can search for particular image if you have its CIL id. Simply enter it in the basic search text box at the top. e.g. CIL:9776 (no spaces)
- Bookmarking a search result will rerun that search on the current Library contents when you revisit.
- Emailing the link of your search results to yourself and then clicking that link will rerun the search results on the current Library contents of the library.
- The Advanced Search options allow specific ontology terms to be used to restrict the results to images that are annotated in a particular category with a particular ontology term.
- The General Keywords field on the Advanced Search page allows the same query syntax as that used in the Basic Search field in the banner at the top of the page.
- To refine your advanced search, select your search terms then press the search button for the Advanced Search page and view your results. Should you need to return to your search terms, click the Advanced Search button at the top of the page again and you will return to your completed Advanced Search page form. This will also work on your bookmarked searches.